Pages

Wednesday 30 October 2013

The Loneliness Of Motherhood

I forgot just how blinking lonely it can be with a new baby!

It's half term at the moment so I have both of them at home with me and i'm exhausted. And it's only half way through the week!

I do have friends obviously. I'm not a leper. But It's quite hard to see them when half of them live 100+ miles from me and those that are close, still technically live quite far.
It's not too bad as the crow flies but because I don't drive, it means a trip to the city centre and then another bus to wherever they are.
(To get to my mums driving, it's 7 minutes, to get there by bus, it's a little under 90 minutes!)

So, I'm glad I've found some mums on Netmums. A website with all the info and convo you could get your hands on.
I hate to say it but Plymouth is one of those more...chavvy areas.
I'm not a snob. Not really. I'm common as muck, but I just can't have a real conversation with someone who uses "lyk" or "innit".

Anyway, hopefully i've just made a few more friends to have a chat and a cup of coffee with!

No comments:

Post a Comment