Pages

Saturday 20 April 2013

The 20 week (gender) Scan



Last week was my 20 week scan.
We've known since the test turned pink that we wanted to find out the gender, but most importantly we were nervous about his or her health.
As I had a molar pregnancy last summer and I had hypertension when I was pregnant with Oscar, we were going to be a bit more nervous than normal.
I knew baby was okay to an extent because I've been feeling a lot of movements and even sometimes a good old kick.
It turns out we needn't have worried at all. I'm measuring to my original dates, which is nearly a week bigger than my due date, and all insides are normal. There was one kidney that had a bit too much fluid in it but sonographer lady wasn't worried but I have to have another scan in July just to make sure.

She couldn't get a good look at the spine so I had to jump around for a couple minutes, which only just about worked! And then she gave us the news we'd been waiting for...boy or girl? Phoebe or Phoebo?

I'd been dying for a girl, hubby and son were wanting a boy. Either way, we're all happy that the baby is a healthy little boy :)

I keep getting asked if I'm disappointed because Its my last baby and I wanted a girl.
I hate the word disappointed. It reminds me of when you're a kid and your patents aren't mad at you, they're "disappointed" so you feel 10 times worse.
I'm a little sad that I'll never get to do the girl things but I won't love him any less just because he has a wiener.

We did have baby names sorted but hubs has decided he no longer likes the boy name and now we can't agree on anything!
Queue weeks of arguing!





No comments:

Post a Comment